perjantai 12. heinäkuuta 2013

"Abroad" I go, so let´s write in english!

 Helllouuu there again!

 Crazy Finnish cyclist is going to be on the road again! This time I´ll write my blog in English, so maybe more people can enjoy/laugh-/feel sorry for it. I´m now in Helsinki hanging out for some days, and I will start the trip to Turku Archipelago and Åland with the bicycle within couple of days :)

Just little bit about me: I´m 23-years old Finnish forestry student from Lapland (Rovaniemi), who is into every kind of physical activity and all likes to be close to nature at times! I´ve done bicycle trips in the summer/spring time since 2010, and from 2011 with the help of Tähtipyörä!. Big props for them, since they are again helping me out economically to enjoy well-equipped cycling trips trough out the Earth (Finland and Norway....so far..)!

So,  my Plan is to cycle the circuit of the Archipelago for at least half of it, and then take the ferry to Åland and see all the best places and landscapes there!Åland is a pretty small Island in the Baltic Sea between Finland and Sweden. The length of the Island from the side to another side is about 60-70 kilometers, so it´s not the hardest trip I´ve ever done. It´s more about the great scenic routes of the Archipelago and Åland. I all so have never visited the Island, so I got curious to see what kind of place it is. It´s mostly Swedish people there, and the area has autonomy, which, for example, means that the men of Åland don´t need to do the military service, which is (so far ) obligatory in Finland. And all their roads are read too, I´ve heard!

I will be trying to take nice photos of the routes, and I hope somebody might get excited to try the wheel travelling based on organic power! Check out my upcoming blogs and have a nice summer!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti