tiistai 16. heinäkuuta 2013

So far, so loose...Helsinki - Inkoo

Hi people / hola personas!

My start for the first day was pretty sloppy. I had to patch my tire, remove the breaks, and do all the huzzling and puzzling around the city, like walk 4 km to buy a pump for the tire. Finally at the afternoon I got out of the city and started to drive towards Inkoo, a small townie 60 km from Helsinki, where I would have a place to stay overnight.

First tens kilometers outside of Helsinki was kinda difficult, because there was just a highway going to my direction, and I´ve been fined once for driving in the side of the highway with the bicycle. Cycling in the verge of a highway is forbidden in Finland, which really makes no much sense to me, because the verge of the road is way bigger in the highways than normal roads, so for me it feels safer. Well, it´s always difficult to start, as we might say in Finland (but the victory is near).

I´ve heard that many people ride bicycles next to the road 51, which is a highway. But if you don´t wanna get fined or just don´t like to drive in highways (and don´t have GPS), plan your route well, it´s gonna be a big mess finding all the little roads that go at least somewhat right direction. I was wondering around in the side roads and found myself in a residential area with dead ends to all directions. Wihii! Just get back where you came from, little berk! On the other side of the road 51 I found a old way that should have been going to Kirkkonummi, but I found myself in a small train halt. Well, it was late and there was a train going soon to Kirkkonummi, so I waited for that and jumped in with all my stuff :D Funny things happen when you don´t plan your routes...

My way or the high way ;)

The trip in the train was just couple minutes of standing and holding the bike, and watching and smelling a local, little "vagabondish" dude smoking some marijuana in the hall room of the train. Welcome to Kirkkonummi, where grass is allways really brown! From Kirkkonummi the way was easy and chill, going trough some agricultural areas with little traffic. It was getttin late though, and luckily my Couchsurfing host offered to pick me up from the way, so that poor me wouldn´t have to drive in the darkness for some hours ;)

I just got few pretty poor photos from the way with my about 3000-kilometers-survived tähtipyörä´s bike, that is still working really well. I want to say big thank you for Tähtipyörä´s people, who have been supporting me economically (=), mentally, spiritually, paternally and politically! I´m really happy that I contacted those people in the spring 2011 ( for those who don´t know, Tähtipyörä bike company sponsored me my 700-e-worth Moxie bike and gave me some money support to cover the costs of the trip, like buses and trains. And in return of the favor, I write this blog and say syrupy things about my great bike and put dazzling photos of it here,so that people would like this bike :D )

Evening and the night went really smoothly with a great company, once again couchsurfing didn´t let me down! I really recommend it for everyone, check the page out! Now I will start my segond day, with the aim to reach Salo, where is my next couch waiting :)






Some reflecting and darkness with my Bikey :)






Days saldo:

Kilometers: about 70 (20 in car :D)
Average speed: about that
Route: without getting lost 

Take care and spread the glad tiding of cycling!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti