perjantai 19. heinäkuuta 2013

Still going wrong, 4 days = 150 km

Hello from the ferry of Korppoo - Kökar!

I have been cycling now three days with a holiday tempo, not cycling more than 60 during the best day. 

Inkoo - Tammisaari Tuesday 16.7

My host couple in Inkoo were really nice people, and we of course had to do some frisbeegolfing in the Inkoo Track, that was really nice, in a rocky area with some different fairways and distance variation. Since I was doing some nice holiday activities, my cycling for the day didn´t start until 5pm. Once I got on the road, I noticed that my tire is quite empty and the brakes are too louse. A pit stop right in the beginning, nice. 

Weather was really nice, if you were travelling with a car. Sun was shining but the wind from the southwest was disturbing the cycling for the whole time. The wind was probably close to 10 m/s, and it felt like it dropped my speed from the normal 20 km/h to not much more than 10 km/h. I was planning to go until Salo, which was about 100 km, but with the notably annoying wind, it started to feel like a impossibility. Along the way I noticed, that I had been setting my brakes too tight when I started, and it had been braking the tire all the time and making my cycling even slower :D 

Luckily I had a contact from couchsurfing in Tammisaari, and we met up and he said later that I could stay at his place overnight. I was happy to stay there, we spend the evening in the restaurant Bossanova, where he was working. It´s a really nice place, especially if you happen to know the stuff there! With a great pizza, some nice beers and even better company holiday had gotten a great continuum! Couchsurfing made my day again! 

Tammisaari - Kaarina Wednesday 17.7 

Well slept I woke up at 10 with the same plan than yesterday, check out rapidly the disc golf track of Tammisaari and continue the trip until Kaarina, which was about 100 km of distance. Well, it didn´t really go as I planned ( once again), and the frisbeegolfing was so fun that it took longer time for. After some other incidents I found myself eating another pizza in Bossanova ( for free...THANKS ALOT), and I decided to use the Great Old Public Transportation to help my journey a bit. Train to Karjaa and a Bus to Salo..
                                         
                                         ...This is how we do it...

From Salo to Kaarina it was all a mess, I didn´t know where I was gonna sleep that night, but I wanted to go close to Kaarina, because I was going to meet my sister in the morning. I called some camping places and one seemed to be pretty close to Kaarina, in Harvaluoto (or something, he said).  The dude in the phone all so told me the camping was free, so I figured it would be a good place to spend the first night of the trip without the help of couchsurfing. With great wishes of good night I turned to the road of Harvaluoto from the Helsinki road, and started cycling trough the traditional agricultural landscapes, that were nicely calming at the evening. Well, after crossing the bridge and cycling about 10 km from the road of Helsinki, I figured out: no, the camping is not around here...

There was really no problems setting the tent down right there in the "culo del mundo" , but I wanted to get closer to Kaarina for the Thursday morning, so I just turned around and started cycling back towards the Helsinki road, with a bit of a frustration bubbling within: "shoulda been listening that dude better in the phone". So I reached Kaarina, which turned out to be one hole of place, where everything was closed at that time ( 1 am). I had pictured the place as a bigger one in my head, but even the gas stations were closed as my eyelashes every 3,5 seconds for the tiredness. I thought there is no use going again out of the center, because I had to come back for the morning, so I just scrambled out into the closest place where there was little bit shelter for the houses and roads, and set up my little campy there. Surprisingly well slept considering the place...

                                         
                           My little urban campy :)

Kaarina - Kaarina + a stone´s throw 18.7

It seemed become the theme of the trip, that the days would be more about hanging out and frisbeegolfing than cycling. Well, when you´re on a holiday, you should try to stick something else to the days than just going forward and staying in the schedule. So I was having a lunch and hanging out in the center until late afternoon, when I finally left on my road, with the plan to go until Korppoo, which was about 70 km way from Kaarina. It was raining a bit, and I was feeling a bit lazy with some nice food just bought from the store, so I figured out, it´s better to have a little break here. I went to the forest to find a shelter of the rain from the trees, Lied down and watched some Louie with the laptop, eating well. Not the first thing people would do in the break of a cycling trip, but still cool. 
                                                         Holding onto rain..

Later, arriving to Parainen, there was a disc golf track right next to the road, in a really nice looking park. Naturally I couldn´t resist the temptation of trying another track, so it was bye bye for bicycling for another hour or so. The track was really nice besides the fairways that were really close to the river. You really can´t concentrate on your throw fully when you know you might lose your only disc and all so the tool to satisfy my newest addiction :/ 

I left Parainen with some gained energy from the always-exciting disc golfing. I couldn´t find any gas stations  in order to fill my water bottles, but I figured out there would be one coming soon, I still had long way to go. To fulfill the Murphy´s Law, it started to rain hardly just 3-4  kilometers after Parainen, and I had to camp down to the closest piece of forest with a somewhat flat ground. So, I went to sleep worrying about _all_ my stuff getting really wet, without any drinking water and a bit pissed of for myself for not making much more than 20 kilometers away from my starting point : / Still, the vibes were pretty good considering the circumstances. I fell asleep basically watching Louie from my laptop, with all of my clothes in the sleeping bag and hearing the rain threateningly splashing over my tenth. F*** this day, my mouth would have been saying if it haven´t been so dry for the absence of water and for the presence of the licorices I was eating.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti